Opening the door to opportunity.
NTMA’s mission is to help members of the U.S. precision custom manufacturing industry achieve profitable growth and business success in a global economy through advocacy, advice, education, networking, information, programs and services.
In partnership with industry experts, NTMA has developed NTMA-U, a fully online program of modules developed for precision machining and related occupations. Modules are available individually, in groups of three, or in bulk for large groups of students (through the purchase of a portal).
NTMA-U provides a number of significant benefits!
- Available anytime, anywhere with an Internet connection, thus removing the obstacle of traditional school schedules
- Rich, narrated modules with practice problems and assessments
- Content relates to NIMS specifications, textbooks available
- Certificates available for download after each module
- College credit-earning potential, with a partnership with University of Akron’s Mechanical Engineering Technology degree
- Federal Bureau of Apprenticeship Training approved
NTMA-U has been in operation since the fall of 2011, and has experienced exponential growth! Companies and individuals across the country have discovered the value of purpose-built, industry-specific online training that is available anytime, anywhere. Since 2015 alone, NTMA-U has seen year-over-year student enrollment increases of 70%, with an average 80% increase in number of modules taken by each student! Consider joining the thousands of other students that have enrolled in modules ranging from Safety, Blueprint Reading, Shop Math, Precision Machining Technology and Diemaking to Metrology.
NTMA-U is open to everyone! Current and prospective employees of NTMA member companies and non-member companies, students participating in the National Robotics League (NRL) and other school-based programs, students at higher education institutions, members of other associations, and individuals looking to grow their skill sets are all welcome. NTMA members enjoy a significant discount on NTMA’s educational offerings — please contact us for more details.
For more information contact Stacey Schroeder, Director of Workforce Development at 216-264-2834 or email: email@example.com.